Extended Services at JFS
INFORMATION FOR SUMMER TERM 2016:
First Week Information:
• Extended Services clubs start on Monday 9 May.
• All students need to attend a meeting with Miss Quarrell in the dining hall promptly at 3.55pm on both the Monday and Wednesday, prior to the start of their activity. Students will be given all the information they need during this meeting.
• Any students that have only signed up for session 1, will need to arrange their own transport home and leave school at 4:45pm. Students not participating in Session 2 may not stay onsite once session 1 has finished. They will need to leave the School site immediately after the end of session 1 due to a lack of available supervision.
• Any students only taking part in session 2, need to stay in the LRC until the start of session 2.
• If your child is taking a PE activity, they will need to get changed at the end of the school day and attend the meeting in the dining hall in their PE kit.
• The Dining Hall will be open for your child to purchase food and drink at the end of the school day.
• At the end of the day, buses (688 and 683) leave at 5.30pm prompt and all students must travel to them quickly.
Summer Term 2016 - Monday 9 May - Wednesday 13 July
Please be aware that the registration process has now changed. Please see further information below:
The Extended Services programme at JFS is available between 4.00 pm and 5.30 pm on Monday and Wednesday afternoons offering a variety of activities for students. The scheme runs for 8 weeks each term. For the Summer Term activities will commence from the week beginning Monday 9 May 2016 until the week ending Friday 15 July 2016.
Please note that there will be no Sessions on:
Wednesday 11 May
Monday 30 May
Monday 13 June
Wednesday 15 June
• You will find a full timetable below of the different activities available and the day of the week that they will take place.
• There are two sessions available per evening. Session 1 from 16:00 – 16:40 and session 2 from 16:45 – 17:30.
• Some activities are extended sessions that run from 16:00 – 17:30.
• Please be aware that some activities are only offered during session 1 and some activities are only offered during session 2.
• Please be aware that Climbing, Space Explorers and Photography have limited spaces.
• To register your child, please login to your ParentPay account using the link below.
ParentPay Registration - https://www.parentpay.com/
1. Select a session 1 and click ‘Add to basket’
2. Select a session 2 and click ‘Add to basket’ or Select one extended session.
3. Pay for the sessions that you have selected.
Important Information: Please only select one activity for session 1 and one activity for session 2, or one activity that runs for the extended session.
• Students can be collected by parents or make their own usual way home.
• To support the scheme the 688 and 683 buses will depart JFS at 17.30 pm.
• Any students’ who have only selected to stay for session 1, will need to be collected by parents or make their own usual way home at 16:40.
Food and Drink
• Caterlink will provide food for purchase, via the Smart Card system, which will be available at the end of the school day, between 15:30 and 16:00.
Extended Services – Registration Policy
The popularity of the scheme would indicate that some activities may be fully subscribed. We will attempt to give the students their first choices, but will allocate on a first come, first served basis. There will be a maximum number of students in each activity and also a minimum number of students required for each activity to be viable. If an activity selected does not end up taking place, you will be sent an email asking you to select an alternative activity or offering a refund.
Extended Services – Refund Policy
Extended Services clubs are only viable if the minimum number of students register and pay for each individual club. Clubs therefore run on the proviso that a confirmed amount of students have registered and paid. Prior to signing up, please note that once Extended Services clubs have started we are not in a position to offer refunds to students who drop out. A refund will be only be issued if a club does not end up taking place.
If any student (or parent) would like any further information, they should contact the Extended Services Co-ordinator, Miss Quarrell who is located in the PE Department.