Information on how to apply for 2014-15 places will be available shortly.
For additional queries, or to arrange a school visit, please contact Mrs V Harris, Recruitment Officer, by e-mail: email@example.com
JFS welcomes applications for the School Direct Programme.
In partnership with the Institute of Education, we will shortly be recruiting for placements for 2014-15.
What is School Direct?
School Direct is a new teacher training model where schools select and recruit applicants. There is an expectation, though not a guarantee, that successful completion of the one-year programme will lead to employment in the training school. The programme is open to all graduates and is funded by tuition fees paid by the trainee through Student Finance. Training bursaries are available from the Teaching Agency.
For further information on School Direct, including eligibility criteria and funding arrangements, please click here.
The JFS School Direct Programme
JFS is a high-performing, comprehensive school with outstanding examination results over many years. Our modern campus is on a 26-acre greenfield site. We have superb facilities and all classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards. Successful School Direct applicants will benefit from:
- a superb in-school training programme, tailored to your needs, supported by experienced subject mentors who are outstanding classroom practitioners;
- opportunities to observe and learn from a wide range of outstanding colleagues across the school and to participate fully in the vibrant daily life of the School;
- a professional training and development programme in-house, linked to the proven expertise offered by our partners at the Institute of Education;
- a school where teaching and learning takes place in a calm and caring environment, where the strong ethos of ambition and success enables all teachers to develop their skills;
- additional experience at a second outstanding secondary school in the borough of Brent.