Our Higher Education guides are used by other schools nationwide. Our staff are experts who use their wealth of experience to provide exceptional guidance and advice to students, helping them to make the right choice of university and course.
Our expertise is acknowledged by the Sutton Trust who rank JFS in the top five schools nationally for successfully helping students gain entry into Russell Group universities and by the School Network who awarded JFS 'Leading Edge Status' as an outstanding Specialist School.
Our university preparation is nationally recognised as being exceptional
Outstanding access to Higher Education
95% of our Year 13 students proceed to Higher Education, either directly from JFS or after a Gap Year. This exceptional record of progression to Higher Education reflects the calibre of our staff and our students. JFS has considerable specialist knowledge and vast experience to guide students into Higher Education. Our staff have produced a nationally recognised guide to university interviews. We use to the full our close links with universities, including Oxford and Cambridge, as well as, in particular, Bristol, Leeds, Birmingham and Nottingham, supported by the invaluable experience of the many JFS Alumni at these universities who come back to help current students and also show them round their campuses on visits to universities.
Key features of our Higher Education guidance programme are:
- Higher Education Week (a week of visits, advice and guidance)
- 'Model' Interviews Seminar led by university admission tutors
- Organised visits to selected university Open Days
- Specific preparation for Oxbridge and Medicine candidates
- Personal interviews for all students with an independent Higher Education Consultant
- Seminars on the UCAS applications process, University life and Finance
- Preparing for Jewish life on Campus
- Work Experience Programme for all Year 12 students
- Masterclasses in a wide range of subjects
- Morrisby Questionnaire
Higher Level Apprenticeships and the World of Work
Our Higher Education programme is complemented by visiting speakers throughout the year, and workshops during our Higher Education Week, opening up the full range of Post-18 opportunities available. Students are supported throughout all application processes and our independent Careers Adviser is available to advise all students, whatever their chosen path.